Your mental health is extremely important. There are a variety of resources on campus and online that can assist you with finding the appropriate way to address your mental health.
COUNSELLING & PSYCHOLOGICAL SERVICES
The office of Counselling and Psychological Services can offer professionally licensed psychologists, psychotherapists, and counsellors that will collaborate with you to achieve psychological health, wellness, and student success.
More information can be found here.
If you are ever in crisis, the following hotlines are available for you to contact. You are important, and no one wants to see you gone.
Suicide Action Montreal: 1 866 APPELLE (1 866 277-3553)
PFLAG Canada: 1-888-530-6777 ext 226
Tel-Jeunes is a free, confidential, & anonymous listening line: 1-800-263-2266
LGBT Youth Line provides anonymous peer support. Call: 1-800-268-9688 or text: 647-694-4275
Jack.org Concordia is where student leaders get to work on the ground. They want to create a sustained, year-round noise for mental health in our university. They hope to engage everyone in the conversation on mental health through loud, positive, and fun initiatives.
Their initiatives aim to promote the following amongst students at Concordia:
- A belief that mental health is relevant to them; that they’re part of the 5 in 5
- An increase in comfort/willingness to talk about mental health
- An understanding of the importance in caring for themselves, and the knowledge of how
- An understanding of the importance in caring for their peers, and the knowledge of how
- An awareness of campus/school/community mental health resources.
1 in 5 Canadians will personally experience a mental illness in their lifetime. As well, 5 in 5 of us have mental health and we all need to care for it.